Saturday, November 21, 2015

We did it.

Hubby and I did something that I was starting to think we'd NEVER be able to do.

We booked our family trip to Walt Disney World!

I'm so excited I could burst. And I almost have a couple of times. While the kids know we *want* to go to Disney this spring or summer, they have NO IDEA their crafty parents already booked the trip.

They have been saving religiously in their little change jar and I'm pretty proud of my 4 and 6 year old but collecting up about $140 in coins alone! They are pretty determined. I can not WAIT to see their faces when we break the surprise to them.



And about that surprise. How to do it? Have you surprised your children with a Disney trip before? I know one thing we won't be doing is the last minute surprise. I'm looking forward to sharing the build-up of anticipation with them as the trip gets closer and closer. I plan on making a Disney countdown with their help.  And my 6 year old son has a bit of anxiety if something is sprung on him (can you say plane ride, anyone?) so we want to work into it.  Hubby and I have contemplated telling them on Christmas, but do you think it will "take away" from the regular excitement of Christmas? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Stay tuned for my next blog post when I share our Planning our Disney World Vacation binder with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment